Your adventure waits.
Your guides have created a custom itinerary for you to best enjoy everything that Crested Butte has to offer. Relying on our deep local knowledge, we will take you to all the best trails, scenic vistas, and watering holes in style. This exclusive trip will take place from September 8th to 13th, 2015.
A sample of what your guides have in store for you:
Day 1- Arrival, Tuesday September 8th
- Your guides will greet you upon arrival at the Scarp Ridge Lodge in beautiful Crested Butte, CO. Take a minute to soak in the views and laid-back mountain town charm as you acclimate to the high altitude. Let your guides take care of your bikes, getting everything tuned up as you settle into your beautifully appointed rooms.
Day 2- Town Rides, Wednesday September 9th
- Rise to a hearty breakfast prepared by a gourmet chef, fueling up for your first day of riding. After your guides help you dial in your equipment, the morning will start in earnest with a skills session that will introduce you to riding fundamentals needed to tackle Crested Butte’s legendary trails.
Day 3- Brush Creek, Thursday September 10th
- Rise and shine to another ride-ready breakfast, bond with fellow participants over a gourmet cup of coffee, and get your legs ready for another day of mountain biking. The first ride will take us out Brush Creek Road, where you may catch a glimpse of iconic Teocalli Mountain in the distance.
Day 4- Valley Epics, Friday September 11th
- Today, you will understand what makes Crested Butte the undisputed mecca of mountain biking. Your guides will take you into the backcountry to experience the legendary 401 Trail, complete with jaw-dropping scenery filled with a sea of colors as the Aspens begin to change their autumn leaves. You will earn your lunch after a lung-burning climb up from Schofield pass, but everything will be well worth it when you begin the whooping descent.
Day 5- Cement Creek Classics, Saturday September 12th
- Prepare yourself for your trip leader’s favorite rides. This one has it all, from swoopy, fast descents, gorgeous rolling climbs, a little kick in the ass, and technical sections that will allow your newly acquired skills to shine. Be sure to eat your Wheaties this morning, as we will be out in the mountains all day.
Day 6- Kebler Pass, Sunday September 13th
- You might be sick of the stunning mountain vistas by now, but you’ll have to suffer through them for one more day. Your guides will take you on your final ride, The Dyke Trail, which is truly a capstone experience after the past 5 days with Irwin Guides. The most technical trail you’ll tacking in Crested Butte, it offers everything a mountain biker could ask for from flowy singletrack, technical sections, and punchy climbs to challenge your legs—you’ll notice how much stronger you’ve become! And all of this in the background of the gorgeous Anthracite Range.